Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time for a change...




So we are just about done with our bathroom makeover... and I have to admit.. it was a much bigger job than I had anticipated. Many lessons learned with the first being that when you are replacing trim work.. don't start in a small place with 4 corners, especially when you are not a carpenter. Originally I told many people that I was going to to this one myself.. well.. without my hubby and father-in-law.. it just wasn't going to happen.

I am going to buy some flat brackets to put on the mirror and then frame the mirror out with wood.. but.. first things first.


Ripping up the baseboard was not an easy task.. the nails were super long and it was really jammed in there.  It was hard not to damage the walls.



I was going to go safe with a grey or beige but then I talked to my sister and she gave me the courage to go bold... in a small room it's easier to do because you don't have to see it at all times.  So I went with Aqua.  It looked horrible with the first coat.. then second was better but it needed 3 COATS!!!  Ugghh. I would have primed if I knew that.

More to come on the cabinets and walls...



No comments:

Post a Comment