| So this is what my entire house is.. honey oak.. and I hate it.. I feel like it's stuck in the 90's.. definately time for an update. |
| This bathroom is so small so I couldn't get a great photo of the drawers. |
| I first did a light sand on the doors.. and just for future reference... it needs to be a VERY light sand because it shows scratches on the wood when you stain. |
| Here are the drawer fronts.. I did another light sand after the first coat dried.. don't be scared.. the first coat looks terrible. |
| I used General Finished Java Gel Stain. You can only get it at the Woodsmith Store. I applied it with an old T-shirt to keep the lint off. |
| Coat #1 on the vanity. |
| The sides are horrible because it's Veneer so it scratches super easy.. next time I would NOT sand and see how it works. |
| After 3 coats of Gel Stain and one coat of Polyurethane ( I chose the Satin finish to keep some of the shine down). |
| Next was updating the hardware.. we had brass and silver.. time to go. |
| Two coats of this, followed by a coat of clear acrylic spray to help prevent any chipping and it looks like new hardware! |
No comments:
Post a Comment