After an awesome sermon at church today, the tears keep coming for the children in Newtown, CT. I was sitting at swimming lessons watching Lauren (age 6), laugh and play and somewhat pay attention :)... and this song came on over the speakers and I started crying in the middle of the bleachers, sitting by myself... listening to Josh Groben sing how God will "Raise me up". I didn't even care that someone may have been watching me.. I just thought of those families and prayed that God will raise them up as well.... and then I looked around the pool and saw at least 50 children swimming and having fun, laughter, splashes and an occasional whistle.. and thought My God.. what if that happened right now.. in this very room. So I listened more to the song and the words and it has stayed with me all day... I know it is God reminding me that He will raise us up and He will watch over us. Pastor said that we all feel like we have to do something and he said "Be still and know that I am God"... that's all I needed to hear today.
For this tragedy to be so far away.. it feels like it happened right here... I have vowed to myself and my husband that I won't watch anymore of this coverage, I won't look at the children's photos, I will quickly skip over the internet updates... and only find the good things in this world.. I need to see and hear it because I know it's out there and it is strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment