Sunday, July 1, 2012

BBQ with neighbors

Last night we had a BBQ with the neighbors.  It's become a summer tradition that a couple of times throughout each summer we get our families together, grill out, let the kids run around and stay up late... and enjoy the company.  I have such wonderful and fun neighbors and I feel really blessed to have found a neighborhood that reminds me of my neighborhood as a kid.  It was a blasted hot day and I think the dewpoint was 75%... for those that don't know what that means... it means miserabley humid and you look for reasons to have to come inside. 

Our group of families that we hang out with most of the time are:  Ryan and Katrina Davis (boys Jayden and Nathan), Roy and Gloria Wood (daughter Lauren) and Kirt and Jes Freundl (daughters Natalie, Lauryn and Olivia).

I made this oh so yummy Black Bean Salsa... one of Lucy's recipes that I make all of the time.  Perfect on a hot day.


With the 4th of July coming up.. thought these were fun and festive.  I am a total sucker for anything Patriotic.  Not as decor but anything else... I just love it all.

Beverages are ready to go.

Lauren, Elise and Natalie using the water rocket launcher.... and watering Ryan's grass.

All of the kids.
Natalie, Lauren, Olivia, Lauryn, Elise, Jayden, Nathan and Lauren

All of the Lauren's or Lauryn's... we all thought we were choosing the unique name of Lauren that we hadn't heard in years... and there are 3 just in our neighborhood.. it's like the new "Jennifer" from when I was growing up.

Miss Oliva and Lauren.. having fun in the pool.  They are two peas-in-a-pod when it comes to personality.




No comments:

Post a Comment