So my girls worked really hard on their Mother's Day gifts and on Sunday morning as we are getting ready for church I hear this from downstairs..."MOM, DON'T COME DOWN HERE". So I smiled and said no problem and to let me know when it was safe to come down. Once I got the okay, this is what I found.....
 |
Elise had made me a bouquet of flowers. And the best part is these will never die. She worked really hard and I love it. Then the girls handed me the rest of their beautiful artwork. The next few photos are from Elise.
|
 |
And when you flip it upside down it says "WOW"
Miss Lauren made the next few photos...


On Mother's Day I was a little tearful in church for various reasons, first being, Pastor Burcham's daughter sang a song to her mom called " A Mother's Blessing" which was beautiful... and yes, I am a sap. Then the message went on about how our mothers leave a legacy without even trying and how they teach us things just by doing, not necessarily by sitting us down and saying "you need to do this". We just watch them and learn from them and then we find ourselves doing those things when we are older because that's what we did when WE were kids. It was an amazing message and really hit home with me because I only had a short 15 years with my mom and I find myself doing things that she did or my Aunt Joyce did (her identical twin) and I realize that she had a bigger impact on me that I think I realize. The last thing that really made me lose it was yesterday morning before school Elise was asking me how my mom died. I tried to explain what an aneurysm and stroke were in 7 year old language like " her brain had an owie and the brain tells the rest of our body how to work so when the brain doesn't work, nothing else can work." She seemed to understand and then she went on to say with tears in her eyes. "Did you get to hug her and hold her hand and say good-bye?" As tears are falling from my eyes in sadness and AMAZEMENT from this little 7 year old brain, I replied with "Yes I did get to say good-bye and for that I thankful, and I know that she is watching us from Heaven and she can't wait for the day to meet you and your sister and your Daddy too."
Of course we ended the conversation with "How can she see through the roof in the house? Maybe the roof comes off and she can see us but it doesn't REALLY come off because that would be weird." I love this kid!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment