Sunday, October 18, 2015

Good-Bye

Well.. it's only been 9 months since I posted on the blog... life has changed and this blog lost it's priority.  I lost an amazing woman in my life.. Sharon Hubbard.  She died on May 27th from Endometrial cancer. It has been an amazingly difficult 5 months and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of her.. miss her... and wish I could talk to her again.  My heart is heavy but healing.. slowly.  My next post is of our Florida trip. We went down with Roger so he wouldn't have to go alone back to Florida, help him get the house opened up and settle in a bit.  Brad joined us mid-week and we had a ceremony on Captiva Island near sunset and we sent her ashes to sea.  The final good-bye for us.  We laughed, we cried, we reminisced and best of all.. we felt she was with us this week.  The dolphin sightings (her favorite), the THOUSANDS of sand dollars  (her favorite) and the new joint we found for happy hour (Cheap fish, and good fish, cheap beer and a great atmosphere on the water.. the ultimate quest for us).  We toasted to Sharon.. we miss her, we love her and we will never forget her.

No comments:

Post a Comment