Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Turkey Day

The day before Thanksgiving I spent my day in the kitchen.. first I made this.. my Grandma King's Pecan Pie!!

Then I made this Apple Cobbler that is Elise friendly. I found an "apple goodie" recipe of my mom's and put it in a pie pan and ta-da... apple cobbler goodie!

Next came the enormous amount of stuffing.. this of course is Great Grandam Kit's recipe (Lucy's Grandma)

As you can see.. I was not joking when I say massive amounts of stuffing!  

While I was working the neighbor girls were over keeping my girls busy so I could work.. Natalie and Olivia.. such sweethearts!

Once we got to Myrna's Thanksgiving day it didn't take long before the kids were outside and wanting to shoot the clay pigeons..

Lauren gets her lesson from Dad.. and then said her shoulder hurt..a little kick back from the gun.

Next Elise gets a turn..

Lauren and Gavin are out gathering all the clay pigeons that we all missed.. Eric said he picked up 12 that he alone missed.. he also said he got shown up by 12 year old Austin who couldn't seem to miss!  Pretty funny stuff.

Climbing up the silo!


Amber and Elise... they were BOTH thrilled that they had each other to play with today.. they are such good buddies!

Such a face miss Lauren!

The Girls (well most of them.. Caroline had the stomach flu and didn't make it today)
Haley, Elise, Jessie, Lauren and Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment