Saturday, July 13, 2013

Color Me Gorgeous!!


We headed out early this morning for The Color Run and it was quickly decided that this is going to be a new tradition... but we are going as a theme next time.. TuTus...knee highs.. all kinds of fun!!


Jes and Natalie Freundl


Before the fun begins.. all clean and boring..


Best of Friends!


Haley and the girls...we were so glad she joined us!

 

The stage with the "warm-up" crew.. we warmed up to Zumba... I am terrible but it was really fun to let loose and be silly with the girls.. Elise thought I was weird for shakin' it!




All tatted up!











This was more than half-way back and look how far back it goes... there were TONS of people.  Our wave of runner/walkers hadn't even started when the first heat was finishing!




We had to open a few powder packs early so we could have fun.  We were supposed to have them for the party at the end.

My friend Donna Jones and her friend Brie joined us for the morning!

The yellow "coloring" station



Well this shouldn't be big surprise to anyone who knows Elise.. but we walked.. she did jog a little bit.. but mostly we walked... and complained... and walked.  I think I heard "my legs are killing me", "my feet are killing me", "can't we just sit on the grass and rest for a MINUTE"... and "I am NOT running anymore, I am tired".  She did walk the whole thing with no rest.. she didn't always like it but we did it and we RAN across the finish line.


Chalk Angels

Color Us Gorgeous!

 
I could hardly see out of my glasses.. I tried to put them in my pocket and the color stations but it only worked a little..









I realized that I caught someone who totally biffed it on the black top... oops
Lauren was pooped so Haley gave her a piggy back ride most of the way back to the car.

Funny story... this morning Haley asked my if I wanted to bring some towels.. I looked at her oddly.. "I wasn't planning on it"  thinking she thought we were going to be all sweaty... well.. at least she was thinking because we were SOOOO chalky and it would have been all over my car..

What a FUN morning!!  We will be back next year with a much better costume!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment