Monday, February 25, 2013

The King Women's "Girls Day Out"



We all decided back in January that we wanted to go to an ISU game.. (thanks to Mal, she organized the whole thing).  Joyce had it on her bucket list to get to an ISU Basketball Game... and sad to say, as in ISU grad, this was my first mens basketball game too.  We had so much fun.  I have been blessed with an amazing group of woman in my family from cousins, to aunts...and of course my awesome sister! (she was a good sport even though she is a KU fan...)

Mollie and Joyce before the game




Jessie, Stacey and Haley (my soon to be nanny for the summer... yeah)


This guy dressed up in this woman's sumo wrestler suit and ran around, jumped around and for some reason... I couldn't stop watching him... he was pretty funny.

Of course I had to stalk Fred Hoiberg.. He is so handsome (if you are not an ISU fan he is NOT the guy on the right with the striped tie).  He played at ISU when I was there..

This bummed me out.. it was blurry... but we still had a good time.  We went downtown Des Moines for dinner at the High Life Lounge.  It's a dive downtown and they don't serve any beer introduced after 1970!  Beer signs all over the walls, shag carpet and cheap beer and YUMMY food for dirt cheap!  I think everyone had a good time there. 

Jessie drinking Tang.. when is the last time you had TANG?  She had 3 glasses!

Courtney (Mal's roommate) had an iced cold... PBR!!

Joyce, Myrna and Stacey

The King ladies... Mal, Myrna and Lea

Mollie and Auntie Joyce!!
Joyce and I...wish the flash had gone off...   Oh well, better luck next time.


Jessie and Haley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment