I have never been a fan of New Years resolutions because I think they just set us up for failure... however, I am going to try to come up with a schedule to tackle each room in the house, go through all of the crap, get rid of it or store it in a more useful way... that is the goal. I get the Better Homes and Gardens emails and they had an idea to de-clutter your home. So I am taking their advice and picking one BIG room a month and tackle it from head to toe. I am going to start with my kitchen pantry and junk drawers... they seem to be over flowing with crap... and WHY do I need so many stinkin' canned goods in my pantry... I could feed an army with all of the stuff in there... I don't really know what is in there.
So this is my goal to myself.... have my house presentable at ALL times that if someone were to drop in, I wouldn't be totally humiliated by what they see. Don't get me wrong, the house is CLEAN it's just so dang cluttered. I will be getting the kids involved as well, they are old enough to get the stuff picked up! Wish me luck.... I am going to show you my pantry now.... and when I get it where I want it...I will show you the finished product.... not that any of you care what my pantry looks like, it will just be a proud moment for me!
Seriously.... who has this much crap in their pantry... there are only 4 people in this household for goodness sake. I am going to start making meal plans based on what is in here, and get rid of it. There is a TON of storage in there going to waste on canned goods that I hardly ever use!! This will feel SOOO good when I am done... happy organizing to me!
woooo! Love it, then come down here and we can do my house. My problem isn't de-cluttering, it's de-DUSTING!
ReplyDeleteI can dust the whole house but I HATE doing floors and baseboards.