Well we have made it through 3 weeks of school and so far so good! The girls are slowy getting adjusted to the long days at school. They are still really tired and most night are crashed in bed by 7:30-8:00. Tears and whining have become a norm lately and am hoping as the fatigue goes away.. so do the others!
Lauren is loving kindergarten. She has had so much fun and she loves to come home and tell me all about her day. She really likes to tell me who got in trouble that day and who got warning cards! :) The boy who was bugging her at school has settled down and we haven't had any issues so that is good. I have started volunteering in her class on Monday mornings to help out. I love it. It is so entertaining and I really like getting to know the teacher and the kids. I have been helping with assessments on letter sounds and recognition of letters. Lauren is an ace!! Not that I am bragging but she is pretty darn smart. Her teacher sent me an email the other day because she met with the speach therapist. Lauren has trouble with her "r" and "w" sounds and sometimes the "th" sound but she was fine and they said she should grow out of it no problem. On a funny note Mrs. K said they were working on the letter 'J' and Lauren said "like Justin Beaver, he is my boyfriend". This is hilarious for two reasons, 1) That the teen heart throb is her boyfriend. 2) She calls him Justin Beaver and it's Justin Beiber!! so cute.
Lauren started soccer practice last week and we have two new kiddos (girl/boy twins) Lizzie and Finn. It turns out that Lizzie is in Lauren's kindergarten class so that was a great surprise! We start games this coming Saturday.
The girls turned in a reading sheet from over the summer so for the kids that read 1000 minutes or more they got to dunk Mr. Salmon the school principal. Lauren did it twice!! Elise got to dunk Mrs. Adair (the school librarian who is REALLY funny, and Mrs. Roquet (the PE teacher). The kids had a blast and what a fun reward for working hard on thier reading this summer.
Elise has been doing great as well. Every time she comes home I feel like she has grown up even more from the previous day. Some good... some not so good. She has had a bit of an attitude with all of us. We are working on that and she is getting better (at least at home, no complaints from the school so I think we're doing okay). Elise started Girl Scouts again a few Sundays ago. She had her first meeting and still loves it. She is a Daisy Scout through first grade and then next year she will be a Brownie. They meet one Sunday a month for an hour and work on thier petals, crafts etc. Right up her alley!
I have started volunteering in Elise's class on Friday mornings. I spent 2 1/2 hours up there yesterday and had so much fun. The kids are great, I LOVE her teacher. She is funny yet firm and you can tell she has great experience as a teacher. I am looking forward to the rest of the year.
Elise was in the Johnston Dragon Cheer Camp this last week at school. Every day after school the High School cheerleaders came over and taught cheers to the girls. Then last night they got to perform all of their cheers on the football field at half time at the 9th grade game. The stands were full and the kids did great! She really does have a ball with cheering! I always said my kids would never be in dance or cheerleading but in all honesty, she is really cute out there and most importantly, she has fun. Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard came out to watch as well as Eric, Lauren and I. It was really hot and sticky out but it was fun, and we all went out for dinner afterwards.
Funny story about Elise. She was at the High School yesterday before the performance and she had to go to the bathroom so she went inside the school and there were boys with there football jerseys on and she said they were "hot" and then she blushed and giggled. She also said that the Hawkeyes were "hot". So at dinner we asked what that means and said it means that the boys are really cute and a lot younger than Dad and Grandpa and they are "kissable".... YIKES, she is in first grade, where do they get this stuff? It was funny though because she turned bright red (just like her mom).
Now we get to enjoy 3 days off for the Labor Day Weekend and that start all over again!
Oh no- boys already?? I remember having crushes in 1st grade- good thing they are completley harmless at this age.
ReplyDeleteLizzie and Finn might be the cutest names for twins I've ever heard
Love the updates