Well we have survived our first week of school. Now that both of the girls are in school it is so QUIET around here. I feel like I finally have some freedom to get things done, run errands, and take as long as I want at Target!
Lauren has had a great first week. She has been so excited every day to get on the bus and go to school. I have been sending her cold lunch all week because it is craziness watching the kindergartners go through the hot lunch line. Today is our first run with hot lunch.. sounds silly but she was really excited about that. And in fact I was too. I have to make Elise's lunch everyday due to her allergies but just not having to pack another lunch everyday it quite nice. Lauren has shed a lot of tears this week and it is only because she is so darn tired. We cry about snacks, having to go potty, brushing our hair, because Elise looked at her wrong.. etc. I have been very patient with her because I know it is major fatigue that has set in :)! We have a problem child in the classroom that has all ready been sent to the Principal's office. He is actually our neighbor and has always had issues with not being very nice, so when I heard he was in Lauren's class, I cringed a little bit... yes I admit it. Unfortunately he has decided that Lauren is the one he is going to pick on. We have talked to her a lot about what to do and hopefully he will get adjusted and maybe grow up a bit. Eric said if he doesn't straighten up he is going to go have some words with his dad.. they are on odd family to say the least! Anyhoooo, on to better things. She still loves school and loves her teacher and that is great.
Elise has had a great week as well. She has Mrs. Moore and she always comes home laughing so how funny she is, I love to hear that. If the kids are having fun... they will like school so much more. Elise has had a little bit of an adjustment too being the big sister. Last year it was all about her.. her bus stop, her bus driver, her school, her friends etc... and now she has to share that with Lauren. On Wednesday the girls were in the front of the line waiting for the bus and as soon as the bus opened the doors, Elise basically pushed Lauren out of the way to get on "first" so she could sit with Natalie Fruendl (her best friend) and sit in the front seat. Well she and Lauren were arguing so they were holding up the line... needless to say, I had to get on the bus and tell them to move it along. Elise got in trouble and so she had to be the last one on the bus for the rest of the week. She didn't like that ONE bit, so I guess that was punishment enough! On a positive note, she is doing great with her lessons, she has brought work home and is excited to get it all done. She has mastered the "round monkey bars" on the playground. She can go around twice she told me! She has worked so hard over the last year to accomplish that, so kuddos to her!
Our week has been pretty low key otherwise. The girls have been passed out by about 7:30 most nights. I had to wake Elise up at 7:30 this morning. I don't recall ever having to wake her up! We have 2 days to rest and take it easy and get ready for next week. People probably think I am silly, but once school starts, especially when they are young, we take it easy on the weekends. I am a firm believer that kids need to be kids and many parents have their kids doing way too much and never have time to chill, or just be kids!! I am going to try and journal at the end of each week and highlight what has been going on in the fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment