Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School!

Today school started and it started really early this year.  Usually we start around the 23rd of August but it got bumped up this year.  Seemed too early to start. 

Lauren started Kindergarten today.  She wasn't sure if she was going to ride the bu,s until this morning she woke up so excited to go to school, that the bus didn't even phase her.  School starts at 8:50 and ends at 3:35.  It's a long day for young kids.  She was really tired tonight and was crashed by 7:30!  But, she had a great day and lots of fun.  She loves her teacher Mrs. K--short for a really hard name to pronounce.

Elise started First Grade today!  When we took her up to meet her teacher last Friday, it hit me that this is the real deal now.  She had text books on her desk... yes she gets a desk this year that opens AND closes...she was most excited for this.  She didn't want me to come see her in class this morning.  She said she was "old enough to go by myself"... of course I peeked in when I was up there checking on Lauren :)



My two big girls!

Walking to the bus stop.

How sweet is she?  As her Aunt Lisa pointed out today, "she looks sun-kissed".  She has these tiny little freckles on her nose that I just can't get enough of.

Elise is so grown up all ready... she had no hesitation what-so-ever!

The crew at the bus stop.


This was so precious!  They were holding hands waiting for the bus.  Elise said she was going to help her on the bus and walk her to class... and she did!  For as much as they argue and fight... this is priceless!



And they're off!

Elise's best friend Natalie Freundl.

Lauren's new cubby for the year

She is ready to go.  No fear from this one!

This is when I peeked in on Elise in Mrs. Moore's class.... she acted like she didn't want me there but ended up giving me a kiss and giant hug before I left.  Now a new chapter begins for us.  Both kids in school, they lose so much of their innocence when school starts but they also grow and learn and mature.  Today was bittersweet for me.  I teared up a bit when I walked back to my car but no major tears.  I really thought I might lose it today but I actually did pretty good.  I am looking forward for some time for myself but I sure thought of those two ALL day today.  It seemed so quiet... I just may learn to like that and then I have so much more to give when they get home from school.  I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment