Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You....

Elise was missing Mommy this weekend because I had to go out of town for a few days.  When I called her Monday evening she was telling me all about her cheerleading camp and how she spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard.  She informed me that the tooth she has been working on for WEEKS, finally came out over at Grandpa's house.  I asked her if she was going to set it out for the tooth fairy and she said that she wanted to wait until I got home so she could show me her tooth.  I had a huge grin on my face over the phone I couldn't help it.  The next thing she says to me is this.  "Mommy, I really miss you and I really wish I could give you a hug right now."  I could hear her voice getting shaky and eyes tearing up.  I told her how much I missed her too and that she should turn to Daddy, pretends it is Mommy and give him a great big hug.  It is so funny how we as parents at times can't wait to get away from the kids and have a little "quiet time" but yet as soon as we are away, we miss them dearly!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment