Friday, July 22, 2011
Describe your bedroom as a child-
I remember specifically all of my bedrooms in the 3 homes that we lived in. When we lived in Cedar Falls, this would have been before 1978 because that is when we moved to Minnesota, I had a lime green room with big white daisy wallpaper.. that is all I remember of that room but I LOVED the wallpaper. The second room I remember was in our house on 13th Avenue in Plymouth. We moved up there in February of 1978 and there was a huge snowstorm when we moved. I had the corner room right next to Mom and Dads. I honestly don't remember the wall color but I remember that I had 3 big shelves in the corner where I could keep all of my nick knacks... and I LOVED nick knacks. I had my desk right below it and would listen to music there. Because I was in the corner room I had windows on 2 walls. The south windows looked out to the front yard and the east windows looked down onto the driveway. I could see my best friends house right next door... Deb Wysocki (Smith now). We moved over to 5th Avenue in Ferndale North when I was in 7th grade. My bedroom was upstairs with Mollie's and Mom and Dad's room. I remember when Mom and I went to pick out wallpaper for my room and how "cool" it was to be able to pick it out for myself. It had little streaks of pinks, blues, yellows and greens and then there was a border at the top. The best part of my room was my closet. Inside my closet were giant stairs, more like landings, that led up to the attic but they were carpeted. My parents let my friends and I write on the walls so every time I had friends over we would write notes or memories on there and of course it stated who loved who for the day! I think mine changed at least a dozen times! It was really fun to reminisce through the years from that wall. I remember my Dad saying how neat he thought it was and knew how much fun we had doing it. That was the best room because I have the best memories of hanging out with my friends and listening to music etc.... ahhh to be a teen again.
Labels:
Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment