It is really hard to believe that this summer marks 20 years since my high school graduation. Does that make me officially old??? This picture hung in my dorm room in a frame for a very long time. It captured the pure joy of the day, the good friends I had (and still have) and what a goof ball my dad can be. :) In the picture next to me is my dear friend Jennifer Blomlie Waymire. She died suddenly February 9th, 2004. She had a 5 month old baby at the time and we were all devastated by her death. She will always be remember for her great smile, great attitude and most of all a GREAT friend. I miss her dearly. On a happier note the gals in the photo next to Jen are Shay Kratchen, Sara Minors and Mallory Hill (now Hasz). Mallory is still one of my best friends. We have known each other since 3rd grade, how crazy is that! She lives in Minnesota so I get to see her when I get home to visit Dad and Lucy. We have had our ups and downs over the years but she is a true friend and no matter how long it has been since I have seen her, we pick up right where we left off. This photo was also one of my favorites because my friends loved my dad and he loved to goof around witht them... he is always the jokester that is for sure.
My 20 year class reunion is in 2 weeks up in Wayzata at the Wayzata Country Club. At first I was really excited to go... then I decided I maybe wasn't going to go... for superficial reasons that I shouldn't even care about, so after a pep talk from my awesome sister... I have decided to go and I know I won't regret it. I can't wait to see my old friends... and the ones that can be judgemental... who cares.. right?.... right! Now I just need to drop 20 in 2 weeks... don't think that is going to work out too well for me :) I will update after the evening and let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment